Students should vote in Tuesday's election, Barchi urges

<p>University President Robert L. Barchi said to go to Eagleton's website to find the appropriate polling stations.&nbsp;</p>

University President Robert L. Barchi said to go to Eagleton's website to find the appropriate polling stations. 

University President Robert L. Barchi urged Rutgers students to participate in the New Jersey elections on Nov. 5 in a University-wide email yesterday. 

“Whether at the national level or the state and local levels, elections matter,” Barchi said.

All seats in the New Jersey General Assembly, one seat in the State Senate and multiple county and municipal offices will be on the ballot. Barchi said students should make their opinions heard by voting. 

“Decisions made by state and local officeholders affect New Jersey residents — especially students of a state university,” Barchi said. “If you want these decisions to reflect your beliefs, then you must vote this year and in every election.”

Barchi said that polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., and students who are registered to vote can find their polling location on Eagleton Institute of Politics’ Center for Youth Political Participation’s website