Rutgers School of Engineering student dies

<p>Jake Irwin was a School of Engineering senior who transferred to Rutgers in the summer of 2019 after receiving his associate's degree from Raritan Valley Community College.</p>

Jake Irwin was a School of Engineering senior who transferred to Rutgers in the summer of 2019 after receiving his associate's degree from Raritan Valley Community College.

Jake Irwin, a Rutgers School of Engineering senior died on Tuesday, according to an email from Salvador B. Mena, vice chancellor for Student Affairs.

Irwin was a Washington, New Jersey, native who transferred to Rutgers in the summer of 2019 after receiving his associate’s degree at Raritan Valley Community College, according to the email.

A service will be held for Irwin tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Washington, according to the email. A short reception immediately following the service will be held outside at Oakwood Lanes.

For students seeking support, Mena said Rutgers Counseling, Alcohol and other Drug Assistance Program and Psychiatric Services (CAPS) is providing remote services to students through phone and video appointments, according to the email.