RUPD investigates unlawful possession of knife at The Yard

In a verbal dispute at The Yard @ College Avenue, a male in 1 of 2 small groups displayed a knife without inflicting any reported injuries. – Photo by Tony Webster / Wikimedia.org

The Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) is investigating a verbal dispute involving the unlawful possession of a knife that occurred at approximately 2:26 a.m. today in the area of The Yard @ College Avenue.

Witnesses reported an argument between two small groups where a male pulled out a knife, according to the email. No injuries were reported from the incident, and the people involved fled the scene in different directions.

The perpetrator was described as a fair-skinned Asian man of college age, according to the email. He reportedly has an average height and build with long black hair and was wearing a black t-shirt with a stripe down the left side, dark and light tie-dye shorts, high white socks and dark slide sandals. In addition, it was reported he wore a red hat that he removed along with his t-shirt during the dispute.

Anyone with information concerning the incident or who was around at the time should contact the RUPD.

The RUPD told students to stay alert to their surroundings and report suspicious activity to the police right away. Escorts are also provided to members of the Rutgers community upon request.