RUPD arrests final suspect involved with aggravated assault on Aug. 31

As of yesterday, all four male perpetrators who were reportedly involved in an Aug. 31 aggravated assault around College Avenue and Bartlett Street have been arrested. – Photo by Pixabay.com

The Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) yesterday arrested the fourth and final suspect in an aggravated assault that occurred in the area of College Avenue and Bartlett Street on Aug. 31, according to a University-wide email.

Samah S. Elgendy, a 19-year-old from Piscataway who is unaffiliated with Rutgers, has been charged with aggravated assault along with rioting, theft and unlawful possession of a weapon, according to the email. He has been brought to the Middlesex County Adult Correction Center.

After the Aug. 31 incident, the RUPD previously arrested 18-year-old Adham A. Saleh from Cliffwood, New Jersey and 21-year-old Hassan M. Bayoumi from Highland Park, New Jersey on Sept. 23 and Sept. 27, The Daily Targum reported. They also arrested 20-year-old Taha Y. Eleiwa from Piscataway on Oct. 14.

The RUPD said anyone with additional information regarding the incident should contact the RUPD’s Detective Bureau.

The RUPD reminded students to stay alert to their surroundings, avoid dark or isolated areas and travel in groups on late nights. They also offer escorts to members of the Rutgers community upon request.