Traveling in style doesn't have to be uncomfortable with these recommendations

You don't have to sacrifice style to stay comfortable and safe in the clothes you travel in. – Photo by Jason Lei

Spring's here, which means spring break is right around the corner! With the pandemic seemingly dissipating in terms of many people's plans, it's the perfect time to pack your bags and get away.

Whether you're going on a road trip or hopping on a plane to a tropical destination, the right travel wardrobe is super important. I know we all want to look our best when traveling, but sometimes it isn't the most practical. So if you want to be the main character while still keeping it comfy and cozy, you've come to the right place.

I've put together an easy travel wardrobe guide that'll keep you looking chic and feeling comfy no matter what you're doing. If you're in a cramped car that makes you squirm or stuck with a long layover at the airport, I've got you covered.

So without further ado, here are five fashions recommendations that prove beauty doesn't have to be painful.

Tops

Tops are probably one of the pieces that require the least amount of effort when it comes to finding options that are both stylish and comfy. From crop tops to baggy oversized tees and everything in between, there's a stylish and cozy top for every personality.

Some great and affordable stores to check out for tops include American Eagle, Old Navy and Target. Some of my most loved top options include the oversized boyfriend utility-pocket jean shirt for $36.99 from Old Navy and the women's long-sleeve V-neck ruched-front fitted sweater-knit T-shirt for $20 from Target.

And finally, if you're looking for the softest, coziest oversized tee, American Eagle has you covered with their AE oversized Soft & Sexy V-neck T-shirt, which comes in a variety of colors for only $12.47 with the current sale and $24.95 at regular price.

Bottoms

Pants are always tricky when it comes to finding a pair that's both comfortable and cute. We all know the feeling of giving up the pants we love for their comfort (old worn-out sweats) to put on "going out pants" that, when buttoned up, make it a little bit hard to breathe.

Well, I'm here to tell you there are some great options out there so you can have the best of both worlds — and I'm gonna let you in on where to find them. 

Sweats and leggings are no doubt the go-to travel pant, but these styles will elevate that classic travel look without breaking the bank or sacrificing your comfort.

A great basic but elevated pant is the beige rib trousers from Cider for $32. Urban Outfitters also has pairs of cute and trendy fleece pants for a steal of a price. Currently, only $19.99, the Out From Under Edith fleece straight lounge pant is a great travel option too if you want to not only stay comfy but also keep warm when the air conditioner is blasting.

Jumpsuits

One of my favorite looks for travel and lounging is a simple and cozy jumpsuit. Jumpsuits are such a chic, quick and easy outfit. They were practically made for travel! 

There are such a variety of jumpsuits out there, so finding one that suits your style will be no challenge. My favorite kind of jumpsuit is a plain solid color that can be paired with so many different accessories, shoes and outerwear, making it super versatile — which is another perk for travel.

Travel with ease in these jumpsuits: the Bravo charcoal grey sleeveless culotte jumpsuit from Lulus for $36.80, the super chic Boardwalker Jumpsuit from Billabong for $32.99 and finally my favorite jumpsuit of them all the Aerie everyday track jumpsuit for $26.97.

Shoes

Shoes are the most crucial part of the outfit when it comes to traveling: With long layovers, car rides and walking, a comfortable shoe is necessary for an enjoyable trip. There's no doubt comfort is essential, but your style shouldn't have to suffer! There are tons of trendy shoes that are also super comfy and perfect for travel. 

Sneakers are the obvious answer when talking about what shoes to wear when on the go, and there are tons of cute options out there. But, for those of you who don't love sneakers, I'm here to help: I've put together an array of comfortable and stylish shoes that are not the basic white sneaker that you'll see everyone wearing at the airport.

Chunky shoes are super trendy right now and sandals are no exception — Steve Madden has created the perfect trendy chunky sandal, with a cloudlike feel perfect for long travel days on your feet.

The Steve Madden Tazia women's tan leather sandals for $44.78 can be found at Tilly's and on the Steve Madden website. I honestly love these sandals and wear them every day during the spring and summer months, so I can say they will make you feel comfy and keep you looking stylish.

Long days with your foot on the gas pedal or taking a nap in the passenger seat will always be uncomfortable, but with these style picks, you can get as cozy as possible while still looking chic!