If you lost Ticketmaster's 'Great War,' you can still attend 'Eras Tour' in theaters near you

Taylor Swift is finally coming to the big screens with the film version of her record-breaking concert. – Photo by @TSTheErasTour / X.com

As Swifties and non-Swifties alike know, competition for tickets to Taylor Swift's The Eras Tour was fierce. Whether you got a chance to go see the tour in person or not, if you’re missing the Eras Tour era, you're in luck.

Starting October 13, a filmed version of the tour will be shown in select movie theaters across the country. News that is thrilling to Swift fans alike but no doubt disheartening for anyone trying to see a different movie while it's showing.

In fact, several films changed their opening dates, including "The Exorcist: Believer," as they're not up for the challenge of competing with Swift at the box office. Film producer Jason Blum even posted on X with a tongue-in-cheek reference to reputation, saying, "Look what you made me do" to announce the new date of the film’s release.

For the actual concert, Swift and Ticketmaster faced a lot of backlash when it came to having the website for buying tickets inaccessible and unaffordable. Fans are still outraged at the site for how impossible it was to purchase tickets without paying the inflated prices from secondary sellers.

But producing a filmed version of the tour to be released in theaters is the right direction for Swift and her team after the Ticketmaster disaster. It's a model that hopefully more artists will follow as it can bring the concert experience to a wider audience, making concerts generally more accessible and affordable for all.

In fact, prices for the film are set at special rates: $19.89 for adults and $13.13 for children and seniors. These prices are a nod to Swift's upcoming "1989 (Taylor's Version)" release, as well as her favorite number, 13. But they are also significantly more affordable than a tour ticket that requires someone to shell out hundreds or even thousands of dollars in some cases.

Having a live filmed version of the tour also makes it more accessible for anyone unable to attend the live concert due to sensory issues or other accessibility needs that the concert venues cannot accommodate. The need for accessibility in live music has been a conversation since well before the Eras Tour.

While the film doesn't solve the problems that are present when it comes to accessibility at concerts, it does allow more fans to see the show when they might not have been able to do so comfortably otherwise.

Releasing this film seems to be a win-win for everyone, but some controversies have come with it. Given the current SAG-AFTRA and WGA strikes (though it seems an agreement may be reached soon), it's been questioned whether Swift is crossing picket lines to release this film.

After working closely with the unions, Swift did receive permission from them to get the film released in theaters and met the demands that studios have been refusing. She also didn't work with any major movie studios to get it released, which has caused some tension between the singer and the studios.

The film is set to premiere in Los Angeles, the same city where the chosen live concert was filmed. The film has already sold at least $26 million worth of tickets, so it seems that both fans who have been to the tour live and those who missed out are eager to see the filmed version.