Missing class? Watch these interesting video essays over winter break

If you're looking for more fashion-related content and analysis, check out YouTuber Mina Le. – Photo by Mina Le / Youtube.com

Now that winter break is approaching, students will finally get a break from lectures for a few weeks. It's time to sit back, relax and do absolutely nothing!

But if you're still looking to learn something new over break, video essays are a great option to dive deep into any topics that interest you. Here are some suggestions for video essays to check out this winter break!

Mina Le’s "how do rich people actually dress?"

If you're a fan of fashion and its history, Mina Le's channel is perfect for you. 

One of her more recent video essays covers the way rich people typically dress and how that style has changed over time due to shifts between minimalism and maximalism and events like the 2008 economic recession.

If that exact topic isn't up your alley, Le has other interesting video essays, such as subcultures and aesthetics, the way older women are treated in the fashion industry and an analytical look into why aesthetics like "coquette" and "Lolita" have become popular. 

Reads with Rachel's "Fourth Wing - A Deep Dive

If you've been invested in any BookTok (TikTok's reading community) drama but haven't read the books that have sparked debate, Rachel from the YouTube channel "Reads with Rachel" can give you a comprehensive rundown of all that's been happening in those circles.

She has an entire playlist dedicated to discussing popular BookTok books and giving honest, in-depth reviews in video essay format. 

One of the books she's reviewed is "Fourth Wing," a book that has previously come under fire for sparking a debate on cultural appropriation and the proper use of real-life languages in fantasy stories. 

If you're more interested in hearing someone discuss topics outside of BookTok, Rachel has got you covered on that front as well, as she also discusses book banning, author behavior and book recommendations on her channel. 

Honor Luca's "The historical tale behind Hozier’s ‘Francesca’"

If you enjoy discussing and learning about music, Honor Luca probably has a video that will spark your interest. 

One of her latest videos is a deep dive into the song "Francesca" by Hozier, exploring the historical tale of an Italian woman and the song's literary references to Dante Alighieri's poem, "Inferno." If you’re not a Hozier fan, Luca also has other video essays, analyzing songs by artists like Florence + The Machine, Paris Paloma, Sam Fender and more. 

Tee Noir’s "Euphoria: The Curated Collection of Clichés

It’s been a while since the HBO show "Euphoria" released an episode, but Tee Noir's video essay exploring the highs and lows of the series is still an incredibly captivating watch. 

If you aren't interested in "Euphoria," Noir's channel is full of other equally-fascinating videos, including some tackling the popularity of plastic surgery among celebrities, toxic masculinity and how queer pain is represented in the media. 

Swell Entertainment's "The tiktok shop reckoning"

If you've been keeping up with the potential issues with TikTok Shop, Swell Entertainment is ready to help you stay informed. 

This video essay explores scams on TikTok Shop and how some users have been kicked off the shop completely. If that's not your speed, Swell Entertainment has video essays on other internet trends, like "girl dinner" and reviews of brands that have gone viral on social media. The channel also recounts internet-related live events, including conventions like TwitchCon.

With this collection of video essays, plus all of the other ones out there on these YouTube channels, there's no shortage of content for you to obsess over during winter break!