Winter Break 2023: Avoid long lines, try online shopping on Etsy this holiday

Self-care boxes are not only a thoughtful gesture but also a way to support independent businesses. – Photo by sweettalkdesigns / Etsy.com

Looking for unique holiday gifts for your loved ones this year? Now's the perfect time to support some small businesses.

Here's a list of gift ideas that you can order from Etsy without dealing with the hassle of major retailers.

Mood Ring

Want a gift with a bit of nostalgia? Mood rings are a perfect solution!

OldHippieDaveJewelry offers mood rings that look just like the ones we had as kids, including this piece with a simple band with the beloved round design.

Multiple online stores also offer sophisticated, elegant versions of the rings. Etsy shop Funufco features one with a dainty, branch-like design.

Personalized Kitchen Equipment

For the chefs in your life, Etsy shops have cooked up some personalized kitchen gifts.

EnjoyTheWood makes a recipe book binder with a variety of sizes and cover styles that can be tailored for that special person in your life.

Another shop, ForeverWeddingCrafts, has a personalized cutting board that features a helpful guide to different cooking measurements. Gifts like these strike a perfect balance between aesthetics and functionality.

Self-Care Box

Themed boxes are an excellent solution for anyone struggling with gift ideas or worried about going over budget. It's a great way to get multiple presents for the price of one!

If you don't have time to put together a self-care box this holiday season, there are a number of online small businesses that will do it for you, complete with adorable packaging. 

Etsy shop HerbsandSoil specializes in homemade soaps and other body care products. They sell them in a number of themed boxes, including the "Winter Spice Gift Box" and one cleverly titled "Think Outside the Box."

For a loved one who's more into journaling than having a spa day, BeyondGiftsCo sells boxes like this winter gift box, which includes items like mugs, blankets and other stationery. 

No matter what kind of theme you're looking for, gift boxes are a great way to check a couple of items off your list.

Book Accessories

Buying a gift for a bookworm, or maybe a fellow student who's looking to enhance their study experience? Etsy has plenty of amazing book accessories! 

Kissbook offers a stunning, hand-embroidered version of the typical bookmark, complete with personalization options. Even if the person you're getting it for doesn't love reading, they make for lovely decorations.

Shops like BookendVerse also offer cute bookends, especially this one designed to look like a cat peeking out from a stack of books. 

Plant Pots

If you need a gift for someone with a green thumb, look no further! Etsy has plenty of beautiful, decorative plant pots you can buy to help spruce up someone's indoor plant collection. 

This adorable set from CottaPlanters features three small pots designed to look like a turtle, snail and hedgehog, an ideal present for any animal lover. For a more modern vibe, some shops like RosebudHomeGoods even offer 3D-printed plant pots!

Hopefully, these gift ideas help you come up with something unique to get your loved ones this holiday season, or maybe you'll even discover your new favorite small business!