Fuel up at Wawa with these convenient menu choices

Wawa's tasty, affordable options have won the hearts of New Jersey residents. – Photo by @JeffAckermann / X.com

With close to 300 locations scattered around New Jersey, Wawa is nothing short of a state staple. The convenience store offers customers a little bit of everything, whether it's the energizing breakfast meals, affordable lunch sandwiches or its lengthy dinner and dessert menu.

Wawa's menu can be overwhelming, especially if you're not a New Jersey resident. For those that are unsure about what to get, or are merely curious about Wawa's offerings, check out these must-try food and drink items for your next order.

Coffee

For those on the go, don't overlook Wawa coffee. It's your standard coffee, but it will undoubtedly grow on you with time and become a part of your morning routine.

Wawa offers all of the usual options: hot, cold and plain black coffee. They also offer an assortment of flavored iced coffees and lattes. Regardless of what you choose, you can customize your drink with creamers, sugars and milk.

The caramel latte with whipped cream and extra caramel is one of the standout choices.

Quesadilla

The sizzling hot quesadilla, a popular late-night snack and certified comfort food, has a hefty cheese pull and is packed with ingredients of your choosing. At first bite, it delivers a burst of addictive flavor.

Chicken bacon ranch, chicken and cheese and jalapeno popper are just a few fan favorites, but there are many other quesadillas to try, including vegetarian-friendly options like the roasted veggie and cheese.

Though be warned, Wawa is not exactly known for going easy on the cheese. So, if you're lactose intolerant or not a cheese lover, there are other options better suited to you.

Loaded fries

The loaded fries are a relatively new addition to the menu, but it's difficult to imagine a world without them. Fresh out of the fryer, the golden brown fries have the perfect crisp, crunchy texture. They're also customizable — you can add any protein, cheese, sauce or seasoning of your choosing.

If you want to experiment, try the no-protein option with garlic aioli, parmesan, oregano and salt. Now, you'll have a combination reminiscent of the fries found at a contemporary restaurant.

One thing to note — the loaded fries are only available on the dinner menu, which starts at 4 p.m. every day.

Pretzels

Wawa's soft pretzels are one of their most underrated refreshments. Hidden alongside the other hot snacks by the registers, these pretzels deserve to be put front and center.

Of course, there's the beloved plain, soft pretzel. But, if you have a sweet tooth, try the delicious sweet cream cheese stuffed pretzel. When dipped in honey mustard, it makes for a delightful blend of flavors.

But, if you do buy any of these salty pretzels, definitely buy a bottle of water or a drink to go with it.

Milkshake

With its thick and creamy texture, Wawa has perfected the recipe for the classic milkshake. If you're looking for a sweet treat, then the rich, sugary milkshake should be a top contender.

Cookies and cream, strawberry and coffee are certainly the most popular flavors. If these don't sound interesting, the blueberry pomegranate, toasted caramel crunch or caramel cheesecake are some of the more niche options that are just as delectable.

Ordering the milkshake alongside any salty meal, like the pretzels or fries, makes for the perfect sweet and savory pair.

Regardless of whether you decide to choose any of the above options, going to Wawa makes for a truly one-of-a-kind experience. With its mix of bizarre food combinations and textbook meals, Wawa is the quintessential New Jersey spot, worth trying at least once.