Kickstart spring with these trendy outfits

White Converse sneakers should be a must-have for any Rutgers student this spring. – Photo by @shsolut / X.com

Spring is finally here, which means adding some new, trendy clothes to your shopping cart. Now is the perfect time to add some color back into your outfits and shed some of those winter layers. 

Here are some pieces you should have on hand this season to ensure you'll always be looking your best.

Colorful t-shirts 

With the warmer weather approaching, colorful t-shirts are perfect for casual, everyday clothes. Instead of neutral tones that are commonly worn during the fall and winter, grab some shirts in vibrant colors to get in the spring spirit. It's a worthwhile investment — they also go with almost anything.

T-shirts in colors like bright pinks, blues and greens fit right in with the season. They can go perfectly with a classic pair of jeans, shorts or skirts. If that's too basic for you, take it a step further and add some graphic tees to your collection as well.

Pair of white sneakers 

With all of the color being incorporated back into your wardrobe, a classic pair of white sneakers are the perfect finishing touches! A pair of white Converse, Reebok or New Balance are some great options for shoes that you can pair with almost any casual outfit.

If you're not a fan of a solid white shoe, some of these brands also incorporate accents into their footwear, adding a much-needed pop of color. 

Ripped jeans 

A classic, high-quality pair of ripped jeans is essential to have in your closet during the spring since the weather can be unpredictable — on any given day, it can range from chilly to warm. 

Ripped jeans are the perfect solution, offering you warmth but also breathability. Brands like Levi's and American Eagle sell high-quality denim that will last you for springs to come. 

Windbreaker jacket

If you're looking for another remedy for the seemingly random weather, consider a windbreaker. They're a great replacement for those heavy coats. 

They're versatile in how you can style them. Whether it's off-the-shoulder, half-zipped or tied around your waist, windbreakers will help you spice things up.

Sunglasses

Not only are sunglasses an essential defense against the brutal glare of the sun, but they're also a fantastic accessory to elevate your outfit.

Even if you don't decide to put them over your eyes, pushing them onto the top of your head or leaving them hanging from your shirt makes you look effortlessly fashionable. 

You also don't have to break the bank for a nice pair of shades — affordable options from sellers like Amazon can give you your desired aesthetic without you having to splurge on a designer pair.

Fun hats

Adding a hat to your outfit is an excellent way to make an outfit a little more personal, especially during outdoor activities like going on a walk or a picnic. It's also an easy fix for a bad hair day.

All of these unique pieces can help improve your style this spring and prepare for the changing temperatures! You don't need an extensive closet to put together a fashionable spring fit, but adding a few of these versatile, trendy clothing items and accessories can boost your style and confidence.