Conway introduces new plan to address reports of antisemitism on campus

Rutgers—New Brunswick Chancellor Francine Conway spoke against incidents of antisemitism on the New Brunswick campus. – Photo by rutgers.edu

On Tuesday, Rutgers—New Brunswick Chancellor Francine Conway sent a University-wide email denouncing the uptick of antisemitism reports on campus. 

This email comes after a Jewish student's picture was placed on posters in their residence hall without their permission. Conway said that the University is investigating acts like these and working with local law enforcement when needed. 

Resources like the Bias Incident Reporting and Response and the Discrimination and Harassment Complaint Form are linked in the announcement. Conway also introduced new actions that her team is working on that specifically focus on antisemitism, including creating a Chancellor's Advisory Council for Jewish Life, a task force around codes of conduct and student programs on respectful messaging. 

The University said that it will continue to support students, faculty and staff affected by bias incidents by broadening its educational opportunities and providing prompt response.

"Our collective vision for Rutgers—New Brunswick is to foster an environment that is diverse and inclusive, practices mutual respect and civility and supports a free and generative exchange of ideas," Conway said.