By Melanie Groves

Recent Articles:

Timothy Casey, left, and Daniela Sharma, right, discuss ethics of science fiction.
SCIENCE

Speakers discuss Sci-Fi ethics

After all of the scientific enlightenments the human race has experienced over the centuries, it remains to be seen whether we have succeeded in becoming masters of the environment, or to remain just a part of it. Students gathered in the Livingston Student Center on Wednesday for a discussion on ethical concerns in the scientific community, hosted by The Intergalactic and Mystical Enthusiasts of Rutgers.

Matthew Grossman, a School of Engineering junior, plays with a gooey substance at  the “Nerd Olympics,” held Wednesday at the Busch Campus Center.
SCIENCE

‘Nerd Olympics’ challenge students’ engineering skills

Walking on top of a fluid named “oobleck,” a combination of cornstarch and water, constructing a crate to protect an egg dropped from heights and freezing cream into ice cream were few among the many activities students engaged in at the “Nerd Olympics” held last Wednesday as a part of the Engineers Week.

Snow piled up on Morrell Street on the College Avenue campus, and other places on campus have been treacherous for the Rutgers community.
NEWS

Weather woes bring safety concerns to U.

The total snowfall count for New Brunswick for this winter is 52.7 inches as of Monday, said David Robinson, a New Jersey State climatologist. This has posed safety and transportation issues for the entire Rutgers community.  Joseph Slezak, School of Environmental and Biological Sciences junior, criticized the University for their inappropriate campus closures this year.

SCIENCE

Snow cover, temperature fluctuations pose climate threat

Despite the endless bombardment of snow in the New Brunswick area, there is an observable long-term warming occurring on Earth that affects all of its inhabitants. The weather in New Brunswick is unpredictable more than a week in advance, but global trends allow for discussion of how the climate will change over the next few years.

More Articles