Impress your friends with these 10 microwave meals

Who feels like slaving over a hot stove all day after a day hard at work? I know I don't. Give yourself a break and utilize the good ole' microwave. The following recipes only use a few ingredients, and they can all be made using a — take a guess — microwave. Wow your friends and yourself with almost-gourmet meals and treats that you can make in less than 10 minutes. Screw that frozen chicken pot pie, you can make your own five-star meals.

Apple Pie Sundae

What You Need:

- 1 apple

- 1 spoonful of sugar

- A sprinkle of cinnamon

- 1 tsp. of liquid

- 1 scoop of ice cream, optional

Slice one apple then place in a bowl with a spoonful of sugar, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a splash of a liquid. Make sure to cover the bowl with plastic wrap, you don't want a mess. Microwave for about two minutes or until the apples are soft. Top with vanilla ice cream and you have an apple pie a la mode. Bam.

French Toast

What You Need:

- 1 egg

- A splash of milk

- 1 tsp sugar

- A sprinkle of cinnamon

- 2 tsp of maple syrup

- 1 tbsp of butter

- 3 slices of bread (1 ½ slices per mug)

Grease the inside of each mug with butter, while leaving the remaining butter in mugs. Cut bread into 1-inch squares and divide evenly between mugs. Scramble one egg with a splash of milk, a teaspoon of sugar, a sprinkle of cinnamon and two teaspoons of maple syrup. Pour one tablespoon of egg over each of the mugs, stirring to combine. Microwave for a minute and 30 seconds until the egg is completely cooked, microwave in 30 second intervals. Once done, drench that food porn in maple syrup.

Sweet Potato Pie

What You Need:

- 1 sweet potato

- 1 handful of marshmallows

- A sprinkle of cinnamon

- A pat of butter (optional)

Prick the sweet potato all over with a fork, then microwave for ten minutes flipping halfway through. When the sweet potato is cooked, split it down the middle and push the ends toward the center so it opens. Sprinkle with cinnamon,a handful of marshmallows and a pat of butter.  Microwave for an additional 30 seconds or until the marshmallows melting. 

Monkey Bread

What You Need:

- 1 Pillsbury biscuit, cut into small cubes

- 2 tbsp. of butter

- 2 tsp. of cinnamon sugar

- 1 tbsp. of water

Melt the butter, cinnamon sugar and water in microwave. Add cubed biscuit and stir to coat. Microwave for four minutes and if not cooked, microwave for one more minute. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve.

Microwavable S’mores

What You Need:

- 2 graham crackers

- 6 chocolate squares

- 2 jumbo marshmallows

Break each graham cracker in half, and top one half of each with three chocolate squares. On the other half top each with a marshmallow. Microwave until the chocolate softens and marshmallow begins to melt. Smash together and serve.

Queso Dip

What You Need:

- ¼ cup of cream cheese

- ¼ cup of sour cream

- ½ cup of shredded cheese

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and microwave for about two minutes. Stir until the cheese melts and serve with chips or veggies.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

What You Need:

- 1 recipe for queso dip

- ¼ cup of shredded chicken

- Hot sauce

Make some queso dip, adding additional shredded chicken and hot sauce. Microwave for two minutes and stir until the cheese melts. Serve with chips or veggies.

Scrambled Eggs

What You Need:

- 2 large eggs

- 1 tbsp. milk or water

- A dash of salt

Crack two eggs into a mug, add 1 tbsp. of milk and a dash of salt. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring well after each interval. This will make the eggs fluffy and soft instead of rubbery.

Carrot Chips

What You Need:

- 1 large carrot

- Dash of salt

Cut carrots in half so that you have two shorter pieces of carrot. Cut a long strip off so that you can lay it on its flat side for stability while cutting. It is very important to cut the carrots paper thin. This way, they will crisp in the microwave. Place the carrot strips on a parchment paper lined plate in a single layer. Sprinkle the top with salt. Microwave the carrots for three minutes and then flip to microwave two minutes longer. Continue to microwave at 30 second intervals until carrots are crisp.

Poached Egg Avocado Toast

What You Need:

- 1 egg

- 1 piece of toast

- ½ of a avocado

- Salt

- Red pepper, hot sauce and lemon juice 

Smash half of an avocado onto a piece of toast or bread, and sprinkle with salt or whatever else you like. Fill a mug with about a half cup of water. Gently crack one egg into the mug, making sure it is completely covered with water. Cover the mug with a microwave safe plate, then microwave for one minute. The white should be set, but the yolk will still be runny. Top your avocado toast with the poached egg and serve.