RUSA releases preliminary election results, UnScrew RU wins majority of seats

UnScrew RU candidates will hold 5 out of 6 Campus Senator positions, according to the election results. – Photo by The Daily Targum

The Rutgers University Student Assembly held spring 2020 elections earlier this week and released the preliminary results today. The UnScrew RU ticket won a majority of the positions, according to the Assembly’s Facebook.

The Daily Targum previously reported two other tickets ran against UnScrew RU: RVision and UKnighted. UnScrew RU candidates won 30 seats, UKnighted won five seats and RVision won ne seat, according to the results.

The winning candidates from UnScrew RU include Nicholas LaBelle, a Rutgers Business School junior who ran for president, Arielle Dublin, an Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy sophomore who ran for vice president and Hira Hussain, a Rutgers Business School junior who ran for treasurer. 

UnScrew RU candidates will now hold 5 out of 7 School of Arts and Sciences Senator at Large positions, 5 out of 6 School of Arts and Sciences Campus Senator positions, all 8 Off-Campus at Large positions, 4 out of 5 Class of 2021 representatives positions, 2 out of 5 Class of 2022 representative positions and 4 out of 5 Class of 2023 representative positions, according to the results. 

UnScrew RU’s platform included goals to allocate funds for students impacted by the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, develop an income share agreement to help alleviate student debt, increase access to over-the-counter drugs on campus and strengthen campus safety, the Targum reported.