RUPD investigates criminal sexual contact on Busch campus

The perpetrator was described to have a short beard, brown eyes and bushy eyebrows, and was reported to be wearing a t-shirt, black shorts and flip flops. – Photo by Pixabay.com

The Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) is investigating a criminal sexual contact that occurred in the area of Bartholomew and Bevier Roads on Busch Campus at approximately 6 p.m. yesterday, according to a University-wide email.

The victim, who is affiliated with the University, reported that a male perpetrator approached her while walking in the area and started a conversation, proceeding to touch the victim on the buttocks, according to the email. The victim was not physically injured in the incident. 

The perpetrator was described as being approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall and 21 years old with a skinny build, tan complexion, short beard, brown eyes and bushy eyebrows, according to the email. He was also reported to have been wearing a t-shirt, black shorts and flip flops at the time of the incident.

Anyone with information regarding this incident or who may have been in the area at the time should contact the RUPD’s Detective Bureau. 

The RUPD also reminded students to practice safety measures including walking in groups, staying alert to surroundings, avoiding isolated or dark areas and reporting suspicious activity to police.