EDITORIAL: Targum editors share what they are anticipating during Thanksgiving break

As we approach Thanksgiving, The Daily Targum's editors reflect on what they enjoy about the holiday and share what they are most looking forward to

With Thanksgiving Day nearing, The Daily Targum's editors share their thoughts on the holiday.  – Photo by Claudio Schwarz / Unsplash

Thanksgiving always marks our nearing the end of the semester. The Daily Targum's editors offer what they are most looking forward to this holiday, from food and family to having a break from school.

Isabella Tyszka, editor-in-chief: "The thing I’m most looking forward to is having a mini break from classes and the stress of the semester. Having the opportunity to take a breather and hang out with family and friends is really lovely, and it’s the best part of any break."

Victoria Yeasky, managing editor: "I'm most excited to have a few days off school where I can focus on relaxing and spending time with my friends and family. I'm looking forward to going out with my hometown friends for Thanksgiving Eve and taking my little brother to my town’s big high school football game. My parents are working this Thanksgiving, but I'm excited to feast the day after!"

Astha Lakhankar, head news editor: "I look forward to spending time with family, watching movies and eating lots of macaroni and cheese!"

Kithmy Wickramasinghe, associate news editor: "I'm most excited to have a few days off from school to relax and spend time with family and hometown friends. Being able to forget about school for a few days is really nice, and I will definitely enjoy it. I'm also looking forward to feasting on Thanksgiving — my favorites are mashed potatoes, ham and stuffing."

Claire Bruno, associate news editor: "For Thanksgiving break, I am mainly looking forward to having some time with my family to unwind from work and school. My favorite part about the holiday is watching the Thanksgiving day parade with my sister in the morning and helping my parents cook throughout the day."

Ricky Suta, opinions editor: "This semester has been really busy, so I am most looking forward to having a break from school and just getting to relax. Of course, I am looking forward to the food, especially all the pie!"

Dylan McCoy, head sports editor: "I am looking forward to having a break from school and being able to relax with my family. I’m very excited for the food (the ham, not the turkey) and also excited for Thanksgiving football, where I will watch the Giants continue their winning ways by beating the Cowboys."

Jack Bisaha, associate sports editor: "I am highly looking forward to Thanksgiving break. It will give me some days to have a break, enjoy some good food and see some family and friends that I haven't seen in a while. Most of all, I am looking forward to watching the Cowboys beat the brakes off (McCoy's) Giants on Thanksgiving Day."

Vy Nguyen, head copy editor: "This Thanksgiving, I’m most excited to take time away from school. I haven’t been home very much this semester, and even though I like being on campus, it’ll be nice to get away for a long weekend. I’ll be spending my time with hometown family and friends and more than likely baking pies."

Henry Wang, photography editor: "Being surrounded by friends and family at a dinner table with great food is a lovely feeling that I always look forward to. It reminds me that life is about cherishing the little amount of time we have with people that we love."

Chris Kim, head video editor: "I would say that I'm most looking forward to having a break in my schedule so I can focus on some personal projects that I've been putting off."

Jonny Berkowitz, associate video editor: "Easily the biggest thing I am looking forward to is the food. Stuffing is elite, and I can’t wait to consume unhealthy amounts of it."

Meredith MacLean, inside beat editor: "I’m definitely most looking forward to being able to have a break and be home with family. As much as I love the traditional Thanksgiving dinner with turkey and stuffing, I’m much more excited for my family’s tradition of getting Chinese food on Black Friday after all that time cooking the day before and the cheese spread from a local farm we have as part of appetizers on Thanksgiving."

Rachel Chang, social media editor: "I am looking forward to getting a break from my internship and school the most. I’ve had a very busy semester so far, so for me, this break is much needed. I’m also excited to cook and eat delicious Thanksgiving food with my family!"

The Daily Targum's editorials represent the views of the majority of the 154th editorial board. Columns, cartoons and letters do not necessarily reflect the views of the Targum Publishing Company or its staff.