Sophie Nieto-Munoz

Recent Articles:

Days before receiving his diploma from Rutgers—Newark, School of Public Affairs and Administration senior Mujahid Henry was struck and killed in a hit-and-run accident. Henry was a promising student and an esteemed campaign worker for gubernatorial candidate Phil Murphy. 
NEWS

Arrest made in connection to 2016 murder of Rutgers—Newark student

After nearly a year on the run, a second man was arrested Tuesday by U.S. Marshals in connection with a 2016 shooting of a Rutgers—Newark student, according to Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray. Fraynned Ramirez of Hartford, Connecticut, was arrested in the Dominican Republic and can be extradited to the United States as early as tomorrow. Ramirez is accused of committing felony murder by shooting Toms River native and Rutgers—Newark junior Shani Patel, according to a press release.

NEWS

Assailant in knock-out punch incident to not face charges

The man who knocked a 19-year-old unconscious at a party off campus on Oct. 29 will face no charges, according to New Jersey 101.5. Emily Rand, a resident of South Amboy, visited Rutgers during Halloween weekend, and was involved in a physical altercation on Hamilton Street that took place around 1 a.m., according to a crime alert sent out to students and staff. After an investigation, New Brunswick Police Captain J.T.

Courtesy of Laila Abbas | Slogans supporting Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump were written in chalk around the Rutgers-New Brunswick campus. One of the phrases approved of deportation, a position Trump has supported during his campaign.
NEWS

Rutgers: Anti-immigrant graffiti on campus falls under freedom of speech

Carlos Fernandez emigrated to America from Costa Rica 28 years ago. He expects his daughter to attend Rutgers in the next few years, but is disappointed that she may be exposed to harmful dialogue targeting her ethnic background as a Latina on campus. On Tuesday, pro-Donald Trump and anti-immigrant phrases were written on sidewalks on the Livingston and College Avenue campuses, including “Viva la deportation!”, “Make America Great Again!”, and “Deport force coming.”

More Articles

Recent Media:

Jessica Williams, a former senior correspondent on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, discussed her upbringing and shared life lessons with Rutgers students Tuesday night in the College Avenue Student Center multipurpose room.
NEWS

More Media