RHA having elections

The University Residence Hall Association is a student government organization that represents all students living in Rutgers University residence halls. The association works closely with University administrators to improve the residential experience for all students. Each year, the association also organizes several educational, leadership, service and social programming opportunities for residential students.

As an organization, the association works to continuously improve the campus life of residents by writing proposals that address student concerns and by anticipating actions which can and will enhance the on-campus living experience. This year, the association sponsored a transportation forum where students were able to voice their concerns to the director of transportation. You may also remember the association as the official sponsor of the University-wide talent competition "Step into the Spotlight."

If you are an individual who cares about residents and improving residential student life at the University, we encourage you to run for a leadership position. As a growing student organization at the University, the association is very excited to hold our third elections process. We are looking forward to working with you to make the 2009-2010 academic year one of the association's strongest.

If you have questions about the organization or elections process, please contact Coordinator of Special Programs Steve Desir, or RHA President Rohan Thakkar at RutgersRHA@gmail.com.

Candidates must e-mail their complete application to RutgersRHA@gmail.com no later than

Sunday at 9:00 p.m.

We would also like to remind and encourage students to vote online from Wednesday, April 22 - Friday, April 24. Please look for an e-mail from the Residence Hall Association explaining how you can cast your online ballot.

Carina Sitkus is a Douglass College junior majoring in journalism and media studies. She is also the Rutgers Residence Hall Association vice president of public relations.

Carina Sitkus