Track down, erase online mistakes

One of the biggest benefits people have received from the rise of social networking on the Web is also one of the biggest dangers. We're speaking, of course, about the ease of access to a large public forum, which sites like Twitter and Facebook provide each and every one of us. Every student has probably experienced at least some of the drawbacks that arise from having the world at our fingertips at all times. For example, maybe you have sent a rather biting and childish tweet out in the midst of a passionate tantrum. More likely, however, is a scenario like the following: On a typical Friday night, you go out and maybe drink a little too much. Of course, you have your phone on you, and of course, that phone is probably hooked up to all of your favorite social networking sites. The typical result of the combination of too much beer and ease of access to a cellphone? Drunk texts, drunk phone calls and a slew of Facebook updates you wish never happened.

A new app has appeared on the market that, while unable to undo the damage of drunk texts, will make cleaning up after yourself on the Internet a lot more manageable. The app, amusingly titled "Last Night Never Happened," syncs up to your Twitter and Facebook accounts and offers the ability to delete everything you regretfully posted within a given time frame. For example, say you go on an inebriated Facebook joy ride between the hours of 8 p.m. and 4 a.m. With "Last Night Never Happened," you can avoid the time-consuming pursuit of combing through everything you posted and opt instead to have the app delete some or all of what you posted after 8 p.m. the night before. This not only frees up your time but also saves you from the potentially devastating repercussions of forgetting about a particularly embarrassing post you made on a friend's wall.

This app is one of the coolest, most useful apps the market has seen to date, without a doubt. It will be a serious boon to University students especially, given that college students are one of the groups most prone to making mistakes on the Internet. But students are not the only people who are going to need this app — we foresee a lot of politicians and other public figures running to "Last Night Never Happened" in times of need as well.