Pop Culture Fight Club

4ed714cd43cdc.image
Photo by Photo by Stephen Vaughan and TM |

Courtesy of allmoviephoto.com

It's the subject of drinking conversations in bars across the country: Who would win in a fight between James Bond and Batman? Ezio and Samurai Jack? Inside Beat takes a look at some of our favorite characters from across popular culture and we pit them against each other in a tournament style bracket. Who do you think should win? Be sure to cast your votes on www.dailytargum.com/inside_beat over the course of the next week. Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @InsideBeat as well for updates and voting dates.

WINNER

BATMAN

Final Match

Batman vs. Scorpion

A billionaire industrialist playboy with a penchant for bat-themed paraphernalia, Bruce Wayne has nearly unlimited resources, determination, and dad issues.

A bloodthirsty hell spawn from the Mortal Kombat games, Scorpion loves wearing bright yellow almost as much as he loves telling his enemies what to do.

Semifinals

Batman vs. Maximus Decimus Meridius

Father to a murdered son and husband to a murdered wife, the dishonored Roman general was forced to fight in the Colosseum where he exhibited his keen intellect and brutal skill.

Solid Snake vs. Scorpion

A clone commando known for running black ops missions and hiding under cardboard boxes, the militaristically superior and socially awkward Solid Snake is willing to sacrifice anything to complete his mission.

Round 2

Batman vs. V

V's vendetta versus the vicious violators of justice is viewed as virtuous by some and villainous by others, but he has envisioned the inevitable vanquishing of his vainglorious foes.

Maximus Decimus Meridius vs. Dexter Morgan

Mild-mannered blood spatter analyst by day and serial killer by night, the elusive Bay Harbor Butcher has racked up an impressive amount of kills throughout his illustrious career, including fellow serial killers and his own brother.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze vs. Solid Snake

Master assassin and weaponry aficionado, whether he's stalking the rooftops of Rome or exploring subterranean tombs, everything Ezio does brings the Assassins one step closer to victory over their Templar enemies.

Scorpion vs. Harry Potter

The Boy Who Lived was one of Hogwarts' brightest students, being especially talented at Defense Against the Dark Arts. Harry is also an exceptionally powerful caster of the Patronus Charm, which repels evil magical creatures.

Round 1

James Bond vs. Batman

Armed with a Walther PPK, a gadget-packed wristwatch, and a slew of witty one-liners, Agent 007 is always willing to risk life and limb for Queen and country. 

Han Solo vs. V

This suave space cowboy prefers a good blaster at his side rather than hokey religions and ancient weapons, and has an infamous reputation for shooting first.

Maximus Decimus Meridius vs. Captain Jack Sparrow

The mentally unstable and dreadlocked captain of The Black Pearl, Jack Sparrow's piracy prowess is matched only by his penchant for potent potables.

Dexter Morgan vs. Michael Westen

He used to be a spy, but after being burned by the CIA Westen was stranded in Miami with nothing but his special operations training and a couple of questionable comrades.

Samurai Jack vs. Ezio Auditore da Firenze

A fearless Japanese warrior thrown into a dystopian future by the demonic Aku, the man known only as Jack endeavors to slay his nemesis and return to his own time.

Lion-O vs. Solid Snake

As the ruler of the Thundercats, Lion-O leads the last vestiges of his race in a quest save Third Earth from the maniacal Mumm-Ra. While wielding the mystical Sword of Omens, Lion-O is granted with energy-projecting and precognitive abilities, as well one of the strongest blades ever forged.

Lara Croft vs. Scorpion

Famed British fortune hunter and mercenary Lara Croft is known just as well for her akimbo pistols as she is for her gymnastic athleticism.

A bloodthirsty hell spawn from the Mortal Kombat games, Scorpion loves wearing bright yellow almost as much as he loves telling his enemies what to do.

Harry Potter vs. Aragorn

Accomplished user of both blade and bow and heir to the throne of Gondor, the man once known only as Strider has gone through Hell and came out king on the other side.  

Jason Pearl