Q&A?with The Early November

515520414e828.image
Photo by Marielle Sumergido |

Left to right: Guitarist Joseph Marro and Guitarist and Vocalist Arthur Enders from The Early November were a part of the lead act alongside Senses Fail.

Editor’s Note: Emily Gabriele spoke to Arthur Enders, guitarist and vocalist of The Early November, Joe Marro, guitarist, Sergio Anello, bassist, Bill Lugg, guitarist and Jeff Kummer, drummer.

The Daily Targum: How did Superstorm Sandy affect you?

The Early November: Luckily we are a little more inland, so we weren’t too affected. We had little things, but nothing compared to the damage that happened along the shore, so we definitely got very lucky. We all know people who were affected by it. Being from New Jersey, you hear a lot about the horror stories of other people.

DT: What were your initial thoughts on this event?

EN: The ironic thing is that the first time it was originally scheduled for February and it got snowed out, so I guess nobody thought that was going to happen either, so we’ve been planning this now for a while. Since January we’ve been waiting to do this and now the day is here, a very nice day, and we’re happy to be doing it for Rutgers. We’ve played Rutgers-Camden, so this is our return, I guess. We played at Starland Ballroom right before the storm with All Time Low in October of 2012 and that was 15 days before the storm, more or less.

DT: As far as The Early November coming back together, I want to talk a little bit about that. You guys have put out “In Currents” last year, which was 43 on billboard 200, what’s in foresight? What is coming up for you?

EN: We go to the U.K. in May, so that’s next on our list of things to do, then Warped Tour is going to take a big chunk out of the year — it’s an eight-week extravaganza. So that’s where all efforts are going to more or less be. We are working on some new stuff. We’re getting there. And then after that, we may probably do some shows toward the end of the year and then figure out next year. Warped Tour is so giant so you kind of wait until that’s gone.

By Emily Gabriele