Armor yourself for Game Day: Nails addition

ib_nail_art_yangeng

Stand out from the crowd by adding sparkle, stripes and footballs to your nails.

Ladies, now that we’re in the Big 10, it’s time to flaunt your Rutgers pride from head to toe. You can start with these fun nail art designs that allow you to unleash your creative side in a sleek and stylish way.

You’ll need:

• Red, black, white, glitter and brown nail polish
  • Nail art pens (optional)
  • Acetone nail polish remover
  • Cotton balls

Getting Started

1. Clean and dry your nails.

2. Paint your nails the desired base color (red, white, brown, etc.)

3. Dry your base coat completely. You can do this by dipping your nails in cold water, blow drying them or simply waiting 5 minutes. Make sure your nails are completely dry before going to the next step.

4. Try using a nail art pen or a nail polish with a skinny fine-tip brush. Carefully draw your desired design with precision on your nail (R, football, etc.) You’ll find it easier to put less pressure on the brush to get a more detailed and clean design, and you might have to go over the design another time. Another way to get a precise design is to use a small object like a toothpick.

5. After painting your design on your nails, dry the design completely.

6. Paint your nails with a fast-drying clear topcoat to seal your design and add shine. It will also prevent your nails from chipping.

7. Clean up. Use a cotton ball with nail polish remover to get rid of any spots on your skin you might’ve accidentally painted.

8. Lastly, be creative and get inspired with your own variety of unique designs! Examples include stripes, gemstones, R for Rutgers, Big 10, etc.

Natalie Lin