Mason Gross students to play Carnegie Hall Feb. 17

Students from the University’s Mason Gross School of the Arts will be performing at Carnegie Hall Weill Recital Hall in Manhattan tomorrow night, according to an article published in New Brunswick Today.

The group of Rutgers piano players will be playing “The Unknown Diabelli Variations” at the world-famous music hall, located at 881 Seventh Ave. in New York City at 7:30 p.m. tomorrow, according to New Brunswick Today.

Twenty-five piano players will be performing tomorrow night, according to the Mason Gross website.

The students performing include Carl Patrick Bolleia, Michael Bulychev-Okser, Siyi Chen, MiJung Cho, Soo Yeon Cho, Yun Kyung Choo, Nathanael Francis, Robert Grohman, GiMin Hong, Seo Eun Jung, Inga Kashakashvili, Eunsil Kim, Jisu Kim, Azusa Komiyama, Sohee Kwon, Lam Ka Catherine, Kelly Yu-Chieh Lin, Nuno Marques, Patricio Molina, Stella SY Park, Erikson Rojas, Enriqueta Somarriba, Di Wang I-Wen Wang and Helen Yoo.

According to the Mason Gross website, “The Unknown Diabelli Variations” was created by Austrian music publisher Anton Diabelli after inviting 50 composers to individually create a single variation on a simple, 32-measure waltz.

A free preview concert was held at the Richard H. Shindell Choral Hall located inside Mortensen Hall at 85 George St. on Feb. 12 in order to entertain University students prior to the actual concert, according to New Brunswick Today.

The performance will be directed by Min Kwon, a professor in the Department of Music, and expert piano player who has won several awards during her professional career, according to the Mason Gross site.

Tomorrow’s performance will feature pieces from famous composers such as Hummel, Liszt and Schubert, according to the Mason Gross site. Additional compositions from Rutgers students will also be played.

Tickets for the event are still available at the Carnegie Hall Box office, according to New Brunswick Today. Members of the general public can purchase tickets for $30 and Rutgers faculty and alumni can for $20.

Additional information about the performance can be found by calling CarnegieCharge at (212) 247-7800 and online at carnegiehall.org