Support your football team, Rutgers students

Dear current Rutgers students,

I hope that in this letter I speak for most loyal daughter and sons. My family has been season ticket holders for more than 30 years. We have been there through thick and thin. We never missed a game while we were students on the Banks. The University has a proud and historic tradition. Football does not define us. With that being said, it is one of the revenue-producing collegiate sports that help support this tradition (Rutgers was the birthplace of college football), in addition to many other great collegiate sports and our rich academic tradition, which is known globally.

The students (and I stress students, not professionals) currently on the football team need our support. They will be out there plugging away against Kansas in the homecoming game on Saturday. Students, please come out and support your Scarlet Knights! Please don't leave after the first half or third quarter. Be there at the end to sing the alma mater, "On the Banks of the Old Raritan."  They need to feel and hear your encouragement, not negative criticism and boos. Alumni, come to the Scarlet Walk to greet the players as they arrive at the stadium, if you can. The season will be what it is. Are we loyal daughters and sons?

With Rutgers pride, 

Cynthia Zabady

Cynthia Zabady is a Rutgers College of Pharmacy Class of 1975 graduate.

Cynthia Zabady