Crime Blotter | Feb. 26, 2016

Feb. 24 JERSEY CITY — Scott Hahn, 36, of Hamilton, had his first court hearing today after being charged with causing the death of Tim O'Donnell and his 5-year-old daughter when weaving through traffic on Feb. 22. Hahn hit the barrier between lanes and then crashed into the back of the teacher's car between the Holland Tunnel and exit 14C on the New Jersey Turnpike in Jersey City. The accident happened at about 3 p.m. and Hahn is being charged with two counts of aggravated manslaughter and two counts of vehicular homicide.

Feb. 24 CLARK — A man under the guise of a water company representative allegedly stole cash and jewelry from an elderly couple, police said. The man said he needed to check the water for signs of natural gas, the elderly couple told Clark Police. The man lead them to their basement and then fled upstairs when they were not looking. Clark Police also posted advice on how to avoid "diversion crimes," which typically target the elderly. 

Feb. 24 CARNEYS POINT TWP. — Dana Clark-Stevenson, of Penns Grove, allegedly stole 11 pairs of sunglasses from a truck stop in Salem County. The 30-year-old woman was also already wanted out of Penns Grove because of an outstanding warrant from Pennsville Township Municipal Court. The sunglasses were recovered from her home.