First dates songs to make your potential significant other swoon

ibmusic

The science behind the first date is definitely not an exact one, considering you can be given different advice depending on whom you ask. Music is a nice way to bond with people in general, and often, the type music interests people have in common can affect a relationship in a good way. 

A common mistake made on first dates is picking up your partner of interest, while having some really loud, inappropriate music blasting, or you’ve gone all mushy by playing something romantic before you’ve even gotten to dinner. Here is a list of songs to make your first date go as smoothly as possible.

"We Found Love" by Rihanna, Calvin Harris

Not too current to be considered mainstream, but also not ancient. This is the song for the more romantic readers of this list. It’s upbeat, something to dance to and the lyrics are somewhat sentimental.

"Livin’ on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi

This song is a classic for the more passionate members of the community. Do you like to be unforgettable and unromantic? Well, this is definitely your top pick on this list. This song is great to sing along to and shows that you’re not in anyway coming on too strong. Plus, playing this on date is nothing but a joke.

"Toxic" by Britney Spears

This one is for those of you that are in touch with your feminine side. Playing Britney is outgoing, daring and showing your date that you’re not too macho to enjoy yourself.

"I’m Coming Out" by Diana Ross

A little bit before our time, but still upbeat and cheerful. This is a good song for those going on dates that plan on doing exciting things. This could include going to play laser tag or something adventurous along those lines. Considering the age of the song, it might indicate you’re somewhat cultured or maybe just trapped in the wrong decade. Either way, you definitely won’t be boring.

"First Date" by Blink-182

A classic, comical tune by an alternative band loved by almost everyone you’ve ever met. The song is literally themed for this specific event, as well as being one of the band's most well known songs. The likelihood of your date knowing the song is pretty good, and the nostalgia stemming from it will produce some quality conversation.

Nick Demarest