April 22, 2018 | ° F

5 swim trunk patterns that should be seen on beaches

ibswimtrunkspichloe

Everyone knows that spring break is all about making a statement. One way or another, you have to stand out. I mean, how else are you going to beat everyone else’s story when school starts up again? There are a few ways to go about this. Some involve a lot of embarrassment while others entail a lot of disgusting substances.

Considering you’re most likely heading south, swim trunks are clearly the prime choice for knocking ‘em dead. Here five bathing suit styles and patterns to really make you one of a kind.

1. Booty branding

Simply a classic— who doesn’t love a good "juicy" on their butt? You can guarantee everyone’s anaconda will be wearing a pair of painted on booty branders.

2. Printed pictures

There is an abundance of websites out there that are willing to print a picture of your choice onto select styles of clothing. There are also tons of places that do it on the boardwalk. Considering this, and the fact that the embarrassing picture of your friend from a few years ago is screaming to be printed onto clothing, why not debut it on spring break? They can’t possibly get mad at you — you are on the beach with a piña colada in your hand.

3. Emojis

Who doesn’t love emojis? Buying a swimsuit littered with the emoji of your choice is sure to have all the others be jealous of you.

4. Animal prints and shapes 

Wearing animal prints to the beach is a little too Jersey Shore to be fashionable these days, but if you’re gonna be the coolest cat on the beach, you don’t really need to be Gucci down to the socks anyway.

5. Hawaiian prints

If you are willing to just stick with the classics, sport a nice Hawaiian print. They may be common, but they are still bold.

Eric Weck