Crime Blotter | April 4, 2016

crime_blotter

April 3 PATERSON — A 24-year-old man was shot outside of a restaurant on 21st Avenue after an argument turned violent. There was a disagreement between a group of men that escalated, becoming physical before several shots were fired at about 3 in the morning, Paterson Detective Lt. Patrick Murray said. The man, who was injured with multiple gunshot wounds, was taken from El Mexicano to St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center. He was reported to be in stable condition.

April 3 FAIRFIELD — Oshane Thompson, 25, of Queens Village, N.Y., was arrested after a high-speed chase on Route 46, authorities said. Police Chief Anthony Manna said he saw the car Thompson was in make an illegal U-turn, and when he approached the car by foot, he sped off. In an effort to evade traffic and the multiple police cars that were chasing him, Thompson allegedly drove his car over the street curb through a PNC Bank parking lot and blew out his 2013 Nissan Altima's front tire. When officers caught up to him, he continued to resist arrest. He was being held in Essex County Jail on $25,000 bond.

April 3 ATLANTIC CITY — Five juveniles, whose names have not been released, were arrested after attacking and robbing a 25-year-old man. All of them face charges of robbery and conspiracy to commit a crime. The victim got the attention of Officer Joseph Bereheiko, who was on patrol and heard the screams of the man asking for help. Bereheiko chased the group and detained them. The victim sustained non-life threatening injuries and was treated at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, City Division.