Rutgers students prepare showcases with choral group

The University's oldest student-run choir is also an accredited singing organization where both undergraduate and graduate students can practice their singing abilities.

“Our goal is to promote the love of singing in a relaxed atmosphere without the strains of credit-based choirs," said Marissa Costa, the Public Relations Correspondent.

The group currently consists of 12 members and are encouraging new members to join, the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences senior said.

The Queens Chorale is a great place for those looking for a positive experience with a singing group, she said. 

“I have had nothing but positive experiences in Queens Chorale," she said. "We're not a huge group, we all become relatively close friends and form a support system for each other."

Costa said she also enjoys the relaxed atmosphere of the club.

"I really enjoy the casual feeling of making music with friends, which I think isn't as prevalent in credit-based choirs," she said. 

The Queens Chorale performs once every semester. Their next performance is a winter concert at Kirkpatrick Hall on Dec. 4 at 4 p.m. 

The songs in the performance range from Rutgers-themed music to seasonal pieces. They hold practices for the group on Wednesdays and Fridays each week. 

Kristen Charlery is a School of Arts and Sciences sophomore. She is a contributing writer for The Daily Targum. 

Kristen Charlery