Rutgers police report robbery, assault on Harvey Street

25026_crimealertsyosefserkezf

In a follow-up to an earlier crime alert, RUPD reported that Brett A. Donner, a School of Arts and Sciences junior and competitor for the Rutgers wrestling team, was charged with aggravated assault. Rutgers.edu

The New Brunswick Police Department (NBPD) is investigating a robbery that occurred at an off-campus residence on Harvey Street between Hamilton and Somerset Street. 

At approximately 10:30 p.m., the victim, who is not affiliated with the University, reported that he was assaulted by three males, one of which was known to him, following a prearranged meeting on Robinson Street, according to a crime alert sent by Rutgers University Police Department Chief Kenneth B. Cop to the Rutgers community yesterday afternoon. 

Cop said the males escorted the victim back to his residency where they moved items of value and narcotics from his property, according to the crime alert. 

During the incident, the suspects displayed a firearm and a sharp object and then fled in an unknown direction. The victim declined medical attention. 

Descriptions of the perpetrators are limited at this time.

Christian Zapata

News@dailytargum.com

Christian Zapata is a School of Arts and Sciences junior majoring in journalism and media studies and minoring in philosophy. He is the News Editor @ The Daily Targum.