New Brunswick teen charged with making antisemitic threats against school district administrator

At the family court building in Downtown New Brunswick this week, the unnamed teenage defendant was ordered to remain in custody after being charged with making an online threat against the school administrator.   – Photo by Jarrett / GoogleMaps.com

On September 8, a 16-year-old boy from New Brunswick was taken into custody by the New Brunswick Police Department (NBPD) for making antisemitic threats against a school administrator, according to MyCentralJersey.com.

The NBPD conducted the investigation after it received a report last week about the threats made on the New Brunswick Public School District's Instagram page.

The investigation was able to determine the residence that the threats were made from and identified the teenager as responsible, according to the article.

The teen was charged with juvenile delinquency and, if tried as an adult, would be charged with biased intimidations, false public alarm and terroristic threats.

During a hearing at Family Court earlier this week, the judge ruled that the teenager must remain in custody at the Middlesex County Juvenile Detention Center, according to the article.