Which of these fall menu items are worth your 'star-bucks?'

Of the six menu items Starbucks brings back for fall, which should you try? – Photo by @Starbucks / X.com

As a barista and a Starbucks expert, I knew that when the chain's Fall Menu dropped in late August, I had to try all the items available. With two completely new drinks, three food items and three returning drinks, this year's menu delivered more than I was expecting.

Apart from the classic and adored Pumpkin Spice Latte, there are many "must-try" items this year that you cannot miss. So, without further ado, here is a review of my favorite items from the Starbucks 2023 Fall Menu.

Apple Crisp Oat Milk Macchiato

Coming in first is my personal favorite from the 2023 Fall Starbucks menu: the Apple Crisp Oat milk Macchiato. A macchiato is milk with espresso shots poured on top — different from a latte, which has the shots in the bottom.

What makes this one extra special, though, is the Starbucks' Apple Brown Sugar syrup and a spiced apple drizzle on top. The mixture of the oat milk and the notes of brown sugar, apple and cinnamon make this macchiato the perfect fall drink for those who want to feel cozy and warm.

Even though you can ask for the drink to be iced, and this end-of-summer heat makes it sensible to do so, ordering the hot version is definitely worth your while.

Apple Crisp Oat Milk Shaken Espresso

With the rising popularity of shaken espressos, it's not a surprise to find a fall-inspired drink with all the caffeine and flavor you need to get your day going. 

The Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso is the perfect combination for fall lovers who can't stay away from iced drinks. With blonde espresso shots (which are less bitter and more caffeinated), apple brown sugar syrup and oat milk, this drink is refreshing and light at the same time.

Besides that, it's not overly sweet and the fall flavors aren't overbearing. It's the best drink for caffeine addicts and if my wallet would allow it, I would drink one every day until spring comes around.

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin

The first food item on the list brings everything Starbucks aficionados know and love: pumpkin, pumpkin and more pumpkin. This very (almost too much) sweet treat will get your sugar craving under control in no time.

Even though this isn't my favorite item to order, credit must be given where it's due and everyone loves this muffin. The sweetness, the pumpkin tones and the grains on top make it a well-deserved fan's favorite.

In my opinion, the best part of this muffin is the sweet cream cheese filling. The contrast between the dough and the filling balances this pastry out. But beware, if you aren't a fan of super sweet treats, this might not be for you.

Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte

The second new item in the Starbucks Fall Menu was a definite hit. The Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte is your classic chai latte with the addition of Pumpkin Cold Foam.

The combination is magnificent. The creamy foam complements the sweetness of the Chai perfectly without being overbearing. Besides that, it's the perfect coffee-free drink for those looking for a caffeine fix but want something to drink other than coffee.

I must admit that it can be a bit heavy, depending on the size, but in the end, it's always worth it. Trust me, I know.

Baked Apple Croissant

Surprisingly, the only completely new food item of Starbucks ended up being one of the absolute best. This pastry consists of a croissant with a warm apple filling topped with sugar.

This item needs to be eaten warmed up to fully understand its potential. The apple filling is sweet but not overwhelmingly so, making it just enough to make you feel like you're in a field ready to pick some apples.

Besides that, it's the perfect size for a well-deserved sweet treat. And that incredible apple smell is probably the best part of the whole pastry. But if you want a chance to try it, make sure you get to Starbucks early because it seems like everyone loves them as much as I do. 

Whether you pick up an old fall favorite or a new autumnal menu item, you can't go wrong with anything on this list. This fall season, make sure to pick one up at the Yardbucks or the Starbucks truck — if you can bear the line!