Jovelle Abbey Tamayo

Recent Articles:

Shoot for originality

We all know that constant advances in technology have impacted the lifestyle of everyone with access and simple tasks just getting easier and easier. ...

More Articles

Recent Media:

Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater threw 21-for-31 for 310 yards and two touchdowns last night to lead Louisville past Rutgers and closer to another BCS bowl berth.

Junior quarterback Gary Nova is sacked last night in Rutgers’ 24-10 loss at No. 8 Louisville. The Cardinals sacked Nova eight times in the contest, but Nova said the offensive line played well enough for him to evade pressure. See BACK for more coverage.

Junior defensive end David Milewski picked up the Knights’ second forced fumble with 14:10 remaining in the fourth quarter last night at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. But Rutgers could not cash in the late opportunities to make up for junior quarterback Gary Nova’s four interceptions, falling, 24-10, to No. 8 Louisville.

Sophomore Tylia Gillon is part of a 4x200-meter relay team head coach James Robinson hopes will break a record this weekend.

Sophomore Alexis Gunzleman scored a career-high 9.825 points  in the floor event Saturday in the Knights’ quad-meet win.

Head coach Mike Rice speaks with players during a timeout Jan. 4 against West Virginia. Rice continues to explore new ways to motivate the Scarlet Knights, whose four wins in Big East play came against teams they lost to in Rice’s first season.

Sophomore Hamer Farag runs a middle distance event, but his sprinter teammates shined at the Metropolitan Championships.

Sophomore Brianna Deming, recorded a second-place finish in the 5,000-meter event at the Metropolitan Championships.

Freshman guard Eli Carter has a legitimate chance through 20 games to be the Scarlet Knights’ third newcomer in as many years to earn All-Big East Rookie Team honors.

Senior guard Khadijah Rushdan is second on the team in scoring behind April Sykes. Head coach C. Vivian Stringer credits Rushdan for playing four different positions.

Senior Tyrone Putman transitioned to high jumping this season after spending most of his career as a sprinter. Putman also earned a stint with the Rutgers football team, playing in the Scarlet Knights’ 2010 spring game. But he ultimately opted for track and field, teaming up with junior high jumper Adam Bergo in the process.

Head coach Mike Rice reacts to play against Georgetown.

Georgetown freshman forward Otto Porter scores on a mid-range jumper with 1:02 left Saturday against the Knights, tying the score at 50 before hitting two game-winning free throws.

Senior swimmer Trisha Averill enjoyed three first-place finishes Friday against James Madison. Averill captured the 100- and 200-yard breaststroke titles against the Dukes, and she won the 200-yard individual medley. The Knights’ loss to James Madison was the first of two defeats in as many days in Virginia.

Senior forward April Sykes scored 23 points Saturday night against South Florida. After totaling only six points in a loss against St. John’s, the Knights’ leading scorer went 10-for-14 from the field.

Freshman forward and Baltimore native Greg Lewis played the most significant Big East minutes of his career Saturday against Georgetown and pulled down a pair of rebounds.

But freshman teammate Myles Mack missed a 3-pointer on the Knights’ second-to-last possession with the score knotted at 50.

Freshman point guard Jerome Seagears once claimed Georgetown as his future home, but Rutgers associate head coach?David Cox left for New Jersey in 2010.

Associate head coach David Cox earns full scouting duties when the Knights play teams that adhere to the Princeton offense.

Junior Ekene Ugboaja qualified for the Big East Championships in the triple jump. Ugboaja and the Knights enter the Great Dane Classic today in hopes for improvement and more qualifiers.

More Media