Yee Zhsin Boon

Recent Media:

Sophomore guard Eli Carter led the Knights with 25 points on the road yesterday against UNC-Greensboro.

Junior forward Jonelle Filigno scored the first goal in Rutgers’ 6-1 loss Friday at Virginia in the second round of the NCAA?Tournament.

Princeton forward Ian Hummer attempts one of his 15 shots last season in a 59-57 Tigers victory. Hummer and Princeton lost Tuesday, 67-66, to Northeastern.

Junior left guard Antwan Lowery said he looked back at tape from his redshirt freshman season in anticipation of Cincinnati.

Senior linebacker Steve Beauharnais chases down an Army ball carrier in the Knights’ 28-7 win last Saturday against the Black Knights. Beauharnais is fourth on the team with 58 tackles — four for a loss — and has one fumble recovery and half a sack in his fourth season as a starter.

Sophomore Gary Nova throws a pass at the line of scrimmage to wide receiver Brandon Coleman on Saturday in a 28-7 victory against Army. Nova has turned the ball over nine times in the team’s last three games.

Junior linebacker Jamal Merrell tackles an Army ball carrier in Rutgers’ 28-7 victory. Merrell has a career-high 62 tackles.

The Knights offensive line has seen the same six players in all but one game this season, with senior Matt?McBride filling in for sophomore center Betim Bujari in the team’s home opener Sept. 8 against Howard. The unit faces a tall task this week in Cincinnati, which is second in the Big East with 23 sacks.

Sophomore wide receiver Brandon Coleman evades a tackle Saturday by Army’s Chris Carnegie against Army. Coleman has converted several of his catches for touchdowns with a team-leading eight scores.

Forward Kene Eze headlines a deep group returning for the Knights next season.

Midfielder Amy Pietrangelo found the back of the net Saturday in Rutgers’ 1-0 victory against Colgate. Her goal in the 20th minute was her third of the season and her second game-winner. Rutgers plays Virginia on Friday in Charlottesville, Va., in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Sophomore wide receiver Brandon Coleman catches a game-winning 31-yard touchdown from classmate Gary Nova during the fourth quarter of the Knights’ 28-7 victory against Army. The combination route Coleman ran also resulted in touchdowns in two other games, as well as attempted scores in others.

Senior linebacker Steve Beauharnais is one of several Rutgers defenders who have seen the triple option offense, which Army runs, several times. Beauharnais had nine tackles and one sack last year against the Black Knights.

Sophomore Brandon Coleman is one of a number of wideouts ahead of Miles Shuler on the Knights’ positional depth chart.

Senior Wayne Warren pressures Kent State’s Spencer Keith in the Knights’ 35-23 loss Oct. 27. Warren has two interceptions.

Sophomore wide receiver Miles Shuler evades a Kent State defender Oct. 27.

At this Saturday’s football game against Army at High Point Solutions Stadium, students can donate to the Red Cross and other storm relief efforts.

Sophomore safety Lorenzo Waters, left, blitzes Kent State quarterback Spencer Keith on Oct. 27 in the Knights’ 35-23 loss. Waters could play an important position in run defense Saturday against Army, which brings the nation’s top rush offense to Piscataway.

Senior defensive end Marvin Booker, right, enlisted the help of 20 teammates Saturday in organizing a pickup football game for children displaced by Hurricane Sandy at Werblin Recreation Center on Busch Campus.

More Media